National Education Alliance of Borderline Personality Disorder Australia (NEA.BPDAust) is committed to shining the light of hope on BPD in Australia by providing the latest global research and information, so that knowledge can lead to increased understanding, compassion and recovery.
NEA.BPDAust is fortunate to belong to the International NEA.BPD family, benefiting the Australian community from its wealth of medical and scientific knowledge, evidence based specialist family programmes and strong International voice.
Our aims in Australia include, but are not limited to:
- Raising public awareness
- Educating professionals via the provision of global research and information, and fellowships to study overseas
- Educating families and schools through the provision of Internationally renowned, evidence based specialist programmes
- Provision of treatment details for this very treatable disease
- Creation of a specialist BPD knowledge resource centre
- Addressing the surplus stigma
- Working with government, hospitals, medical and therapeutic associations to enhance understanding and compassion.
- Partnering mental health entities to provide a strong platform for BPD advocacy
Board of Directors
Dr Perry Hoffman
Professor Andrew Chanen
Supporters in Kind
Professor Alan Fruzzetti
Dr Roy Krawitz
Flinders University – Dr Paul Cammell
Lawyer – Allens
Auditor – Lindsay Brown & Associates