Family Connections National Trainer Carolyn Bright together with Jennie Fitzhardinge are offering Family Connections Leader training on the 8th and 9th of December in Perth, Western Australia.
This is a 2-day intensive course designed to teach clinicians and carer-peers to co-lead the 12 week Family Connections Program.
Eligibility criteria include:
- Mental health professional or
- Carer Peer i.e. partner, parent, adult family member, friend, or carer of a person with BPD who has completed the 12 week Family Connections program prior to engaging in the Leader training.
- Commitment to co-leading the FC program within three months post training.
- All participants undertake the Leader training in pairs and work in pairs for the initial round of the FC program they lead. It is a requirement that participants agree to be paired. Family/friends can attend paired with a mental health professional or agree to be paired with another participant which will be confirmed at the commencement of the training.
- No prior knowledge of DBT is required.
For further information click here. If you are interested and able to commit to co-leading the Family Connections program within 3 months of completing the training, please email your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line 'FC Leader Training WA - EOI'.